These Stop Smoking Aids May Present the Best Ways For You To Quit Smoking
There are many stop smoking aids being sold over the counter today. And, of course, they all purport to to be the best way to quit smoking. Some stop smoking aids include oral herbal supplements such as Finally Free, SmokeAway and NicoCure. Other stop smoking aids include the Zero Nicotine patch, in herbal and nicotine form, nicotine gum, lozenges, aromatherapy, and hypnotherapy. You can buy most of these products on the Internet, in supermarkets, gas stations and convenience stores.
Some quit smoking aids contain nicotine. Some don't. Some quit smoking aids are composed of herbs, some of drugs. You can learn more about the herbs vs. drug debate on our Quit Smoking: Herbs or Drugs? page. I've always wondered why someone would treat a nicotine habit with a stop smoking aid in nicotine form, i.e., gums, lozenges or patches. Although, I should note that not all quit smoking aids contain nicotine.
I understand now the difference in quit smoking product strategy now. The idea is to eliminate nicotine intake (or even reduce nicotine intake, which is a step closer to no nicotine) and to eliminate the habit of drawing on a cigarette. The e-cigarette doesn't address the habit of smoking but certainly addresses the nicotine issue. Who's to say which quit smoking product is better? If any of these quit smoking products help you to quit smoking in a healthy manner, wouldn't you recommend them to your loved ones? The point is this: the best way to quit smoking for one is not the best way to quit smoking for another. Choose your own path. Choose your own quit smoking product or process.
Types of Ingredients in Quit Smoking Products or Aids
- Gum base
- Magnesium oxide (antacid, laxative, dietary supplement)
- Peppermint oil
- Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda, corrects stomach acidity
- Sodium carbonate
- Xylitol (popular sugar substitute for diabetics because it is absorbed slowly).
- packaged with both nicotine and without nicotine
- ingredients can be all-natural and herbal freeze-dried extracts
- absorbed into the skin, works 2-3x faster than a pill.
- ingredients: Nicotine Polacrilex, 4mg (Stop smoking aid)
- contains Phenylalanine 3.4 mg per lozenge (too much can unduly excite the brain neurons to the point of cellular death. Phenylalanine is Aspartame.